HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
rabbi_grisha

Fame : 1366
Male

PostSubject: "living by the new covenant" adultery or postmodernism    Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Jeremiah 31:31-34
31 Behold, THE DAYS COME, saith the Lord, that I will make a NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL, AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH:
32 Not according to the covenant that I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And THEY SHALL TEACH NO MORE every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: FOR THEY SHALL ALL KNOW ME, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I WILL FORGIVE THEIR INIQUITY, AND I WILL REMEMBER THEIR SIN NO MORE.

So what i see in this passage is that
1) God is promising a new covenant ONLY to the House of Israel and the House of Judah (gentiles were not included)
2) His law will be written inside them
Other-words following Gods law will be second nature to them and not following his law will be abnormal.
3) No one will do any more missionary work because everyone will know God
4) God will forgive the sins once and forever and will not be reminded of those sins because committing sin will be unnatural to people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DjMunchkin

Church : Bethany
Fame : 18557
Male

PostSubject: Re: "living by the new covenant" adultery or postmodernism    Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:57 am

1. God did make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, itís true that he chose them as his people to carry this out just as he did with the previous covenant at Mt. Sinai. But itís not true that gentiles arenít included in the covenantÖ Itís so clear in the scriptures that words must lose their meaning for them to be excluded.

The Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) already had many prophecies concerning this beforehand. That is, that the Gentiles will be included. Here is a small list: Psalm 22:27-28, Psalm 86:9, Daniel 7:14, Isaiah 49:6, Isaiah 42:6, Isaiah 42:1-4 (which is also fulfilled in Matthew 12:18-21), Isaiah 11:10, etc.

Look at Genesis 12 and the promise God gave to Abram, where it is repeated 3 times (Gen. 12:3, Gen 18:18, Gen 22:18).

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Galatians Ch. 3 explains this further,

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Ö
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, ďAnd to seeds,Ē as referring to many, but rather to one, ďAnd to your seed,Ē that is, Christ.

Thus, these promises do become the inheritance to all who are with Christ, who is the seed. Again Paul explains some of the verses Iíve asserted earlier in Romans,

9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

And in his epistles, he explains it very clearly that they belong to the same body as the Jews that were saved. In Ephesians 3:3-6 he tells us that it was a mystery until Christ came that the Gentiles would be included. In Galatians 3:26-29 he furthers the reality that we become as one.

By revelation there was made known to me the mystery, as I wrote before in brief. By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit; to be specific, that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel, of which I was made a minister, according to the gift of Godís grace which was given to me according to the working of His power.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Lastly, Peter's vision given to him so that he will visit Cornelius the gentile is the best picture given for this. The gentile was "A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway." To him was sent an angel to prophecy about the coming of Peter, and to Peter was given the vision of the sheet from heaven. The sheet that contained all the animals forbidden for Jews to eat (Acts 10:11). When he visited them, they received the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:44-45) and Peter and the elders thus confirmed that "When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life." (Acts 10:18).

Daniel 7:14 seems to be in parallel with Revelation when John writes Rev. 7:9. Again let's put some emphasis on "all nations and people and tongues."

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; Revelation 7:9

2. Yes, God will place the new law in their hearts so that they will keep it. But nevertheless, I donít believe the Israel nation has yet received this promise as a whole. Israel has fulfilled the prophecy of returning to their land (Ezekiel 36:24, Isaiah 11:12, Jeremiah 31:10) recently. But Jeremiah 31:31-34 is still yet to be fulfilled in full.

Ezekiel 36:23 seems to further this prophecy in detail, and v.25 states that they will still be in filthiness when regathered into their land Ė hence the current state of Israel. The things specified here are a new heart, new spirit, Holy Spirit within them, and fully obeying the commands. It can be seen sort of like the second exodus, where God brings Israel back from all around the world instead of just Egypt as the first time, into the promised land.

23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

If you have a mindset of "Spiritual Israel" and completely neglect the fact that there is a "Natural Israel" including the remnant that was promised to return to their land, then you may miss this whole picture. So yes, you have to distinguish between Gentiles and Jews or else words will totally lose meaning in so much of the scriptures.

Moses stated back in Deut. 29:4 to the nation that they havenít got the ears, or eyes to see yet, and Jesus, Peter, Paul all emphasize this even in the New Testament. But Deut. 30:1-6 again speaks of this promise,

And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.
4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:
5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

We know that Israel has became a nation only recently yet again after being desolate almost 2000 years after being destroyed in 70 A.D. So this promise is beginning to take part right now.

3. Yes, the prophecy seems to state that the whole house of Israel and Judah will then know God and his commandments at that time and will not to be telling anyone about him to either of the houses.

4. Yes, God will forgive their sins forever and ďforgetĒ them.

Again, to finally answer your question, as to whether we are living in adultery to the New Covenant, I believe my answer will just be a quotation from Paul. We are not living "in adultery" because we have already died to the Old Covenant, making us dead to it and therefore not acquitted with the act of "Spiritual Adultery."

Romans 7:2-4 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

"living by the new covenant" adultery or postmodernism

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Jcway Forum ::  -